Are you a Letting Agent or Landlord?
Here we have all the necessary information you’ll need to start saving today with us here at the Householder Club
In short, this part of our business helps Landlords, Letting Agents and households they deal with, take advantage of savings made available by the current ECO legislation – that is, the Energy Company Obligation Scheme.
- LAW CHANGE – as part of ECO, there is new government legislation coming into force in 2018. This is mandatory. It relates to the new Minimum Energy Performance Rating. As a Landlord/Letting Agent you will be obliged to make sure that all your properties rented within the private sector have a minimum energy performance rating, illustrated on an EPC = Energy Performance Certificate.
- DON’T WORRY – rest assured that the Householder Club is fully regulated and qualified to help you and your tenants, meet the compliance regulations.
- WHY DO THIS? – the more efficient your heating system, the happier the household will be. Neither Landlords, Letting Agents, nor tenants want to deal with unreliable and temperamental heating systems. We have a whole host of fantastic economical heaters that will update and improve the look of any home, and work in a more energy efficient manner, that’s kinder to the environment.
- REWARDS FOR ALL – choosing to work with us here at the Householder Club, as either a Letting Agent or a Landlord is beneficial for everyone. You’ll have satisfied tenants whose properties’ heating systems now perform more effectively, and their fuel bills will be significantly lowered – by up to 40%. We’ll also reward you personally, putting £50.00 worth of Love2shop (the UK’s top gift voucher) credit – in your pocket!
To find out more about how the Householder Club could help you and your business, simply call us to arrange a short meeting. Please note that in the last 6 months alone, we’ve worked with over a hundred different Lettings Agents and Landlords – and all of their tenants who qualified, now have brand new energy efficient heating systems. All Letting Agents and Landlords will have to adhere to the new legislation coming into force in 2018, so to make sure you meet the ECO standards, you’ll have to follow these simple steps:
- Following a meeting with one of our experienced Householder Club Advisors, you will be required to email us your tenants’ name, address, postcode and telephone number. Please remember to attach their Tenancy Agreement and Landlord Permission doc.
- A Householder Club office administrator will then call them on a recorded line, and carry out a short DWP assessment.(*)
- We will then arrange a suitable time to carry out a Heat Survey on the property. This takes only thirty minutes, and once it’s done, we can then arrange a convenient installation date and time. This process will take approximately three hours depending on the size of the property. Our Householder Club team works Monday through to Friday, from approx. 9am until 5pm. (Other time slots are available upon request.)
- The normal timescale of the whole operation, from start to finish, is only fourteen working days.
(*If preferred, and if the location is within our catchment area, one of our team can visit the tenant in person, and do an initial assessment of property and benefit eligibility.)
Our team look forward to hearing from you soon. Please find our Business Development Manager’s details below:
Business Development Manager
45 Wren Court
Strathclyde Business Park